Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Red Riding Hood

I made this character about a year ago. I was pretty happy with how it turned out looking in as a low poly character, but I wanted to work a bit more on a high poly version, so I took what work I had done and brought her back to Zbrush for an update.

This is basically what I started with

hair process

Making a bow insert brush

Corset process 

 Boots process

Gloves process

  Pose research and planning.
(screenshots from youtube videos)

Posing with Transpose Master in Zbrush with Zsphere rig.

Final lighting and render from Zbrush

Turntable coming soon! Suggestions welcome :] Thanks for looking! 

Cow Girl

I created this character about 8 months ago, but never really got as far with it as I had wanted to. I've learned a few more things since making her, and the newest Zbrush release brought a few new sculpting possibilites as well, so I decided I'd like to revamp her.

This was how the character started out. The high poly sculpt had a few issues, so it only really looked good from a distance.

Here's some process work on that hat, just as example of what kind details I was reworking.

Finally, the model was lit, rendered and adjusted with BPR filters. 

It was fun to revisit this! Turntable coming soon :] Suggestions are welcome in the meantime! Thanks for looking :]

Charlie Chaplin

Here's a bust of Charlie Chaplin that I've been working on :]

For this project, I really wanted to do a portrait of a famous person so that I could see how true to the original likeness I could get. Zbrush 4 R2 had also just come out and I wanted to see how much I could accomplish working strictly within Zbrush. So everything was created and rendered in Zbrush.

 I started him by dynameshing a Zsphere head and shoulders rig that I made, and then used reference images  to begin sculpting. Hat, mustache and hair are all separate subtools but made from dynamesh as well. 

This is the the model and all of the elements blocked out with dynamesh.

I added "color" with poly paint and started retopologizing certain elements using Zbrush's retopology tools.

 The retopologized meshes were unwrapped with UVmaster and then noisemaker was used with the UV setting to apply detail to the clothing elements.

A bit more refinement work was done, then lit with LightCaps and rendered with Zbrush's BPR. Post-process adjustments with BPR filters in Zbrush.

 I'd still like to keep working on this model and make him as accurate as possible, so suggestions are welcome! Thanks for looking :]

Monday, December 12, 2011

The Farmer

Just wanted to upload what I've been working on for the past 4 months for our team project :] 
I was designing the characters, and did the modelling for  The Farmer :]

Final Turnaround Modelsheet
Expression Sheet
First Block model in 3ds Max
Paint-over look and feel in Photoshop

High Poly Zbrush 4R2 Sculpt

Final textured, posed, lights, rendered Character in Maya 2012
(rigged thanks to team mates Campion Kirkham and Thomas Nichols :] )

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Red Riding Hood

A 3D illustration I did of my Red Riding Hood design :]

Here's the render I started from:

Monday, December 5, 2011

"Concept Art"