Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Charlie Chaplin

Here's a bust of Charlie Chaplin that I've been working on :]

For this project, I really wanted to do a portrait of a famous person so that I could see how true to the original likeness I could get. Zbrush 4 R2 had also just come out and I wanted to see how much I could accomplish working strictly within Zbrush. So everything was created and rendered in Zbrush.

 I started him by dynameshing a Zsphere head and shoulders rig that I made, and then used reference images  to begin sculpting. Hat, mustache and hair are all separate subtools but made from dynamesh as well. 

This is the the model and all of the elements blocked out with dynamesh.

I added "color" with poly paint and started retopologizing certain elements using Zbrush's retopology tools.

 The retopologized meshes were unwrapped with UVmaster and then noisemaker was used with the UV setting to apply detail to the clothing elements.

A bit more refinement work was done, then lit with LightCaps and rendered with Zbrush's BPR. Post-process adjustments with BPR filters in Zbrush.

 I'd still like to keep working on this model and make him as accurate as possible, so suggestions are welcome! Thanks for looking :]

No comments:

Post a Comment